Sunday, February 28, 2010

Ah, Blogging...

Blogging is almost as fun as writing. Almost as fun as picking up a good book and reading. I say almost, because blogs are far too short to settle in to, you get to comment or not and sometimes, just sometimes, they're full of rants and jaded opinions.

But that isn't my point. I love to blog, I love to read the blogs I've been following. Mostly, the ones I don't follow are filled with those rants I've stated. Even though I cannot say I am innocent in the rant area.

The topic for my blog, as far off of the point I've gotten...was really to talk about Critique Groups.

I've heard of them, would like to be part of one, have no clue where to find or even start one. Here's what I am looking for:

1) To be able to send off chapters, get feedback and resubmit said chapters.
2) Be able to do the same. If someone needs chapters read, I'm usually very anal about finding typos. If something doesn't flow, I try to suggest ideas. I'm pretty blatantly honest and will do my best to be diplomatic.
3) Don't want to be a part of a group that expects more from me than I can or will be able to commit to. For example, large chunks of my time are spent either networking, writing or spending time with my family. I play World of Warcraft with friends in other states, it is a nightly thing... but I try not to let it get in the way of my life. Most people try to tease me about it. When my family is here in the summer-time, I do have to take time off of even my own computer. I have a patch, I'm usually fine. If it wears off, I just have to check my e-mail. :D

4) I don't want to be part of a group that will give me points per critique. I want rules that are straightforward and understandable.

5) I expect honesty, as in return, honesty is what I will be giving. If I do not like something or just cannot get into it, I will say so. I can't tell you how many times I put something down (published as well as unpublished) saying, "Good lord, what were they thinking?!" However, I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings and will be lots more diplomatic. Hard thing to do for someone with the tact of a brick wall. Hey, what can I say? ::Shrugs::

So if any of this suits you or you belong to a group, can you suggest a place for me? If you're looking for a group, perhaps we can start one together. Especially if you fear that I may verbally tear someone to shreds (which I really wouldn't) or make someone cry and never pick up a pen to write again. I have friends and family reading what I write. While they say they love it or hate, fix this here or there, they are a bit biased. (Love you guys, I really do!) I want the truth and yes I can handle it! No, I couldn't before, but I can now. :D I've growed up a bit.

You can find me here, find me on FaceBook, even my website. If all else fails, by all means, drop me a line. Paridzule.Keep@gmail.com I look forward to hearing from you!

No comments: