Monday, March 15, 2010

"Breaking the Mold"...



If you were to write a book about yourself, what would you title it? And why?

For me, it would be called "Breaking the Mold". Why? Because I honestly feel like I am not like a "typical" person, specifically a typical woman.

I actually did a poll on Writing.com last year. I polled 100 women specifically (I have yet to write the article without sounding snarky) and asked them, "What are five things you hate most about other women?" The responses generated were well, less than flattering. Hence the reason I am having issues with the article.

While going down the responses and ticking off like ones, I sort of made a checklist and realized that I didn't have a lot of those qualities. I'm not trying to brag, but I am really, really thankful I am not like some women out there. I'm often told I am not like most people. My husband thanks me daily for being me, especially after having witnessed some other woman's outburst.

So yes, my book would be titled "Breaking the Mold". What would your title be and why? I look forward to hearing your comments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd title my book, "Something Funny Happened on the Way to Heaven"

I was born in the Bible Belt into a very religious family. It was just expected I'd grow up to a Christian, even my given name reflected this assumption. But I was always anything but Christian which has lead to me having a very strange and many humorous dealings with Christian family and neighbors.

Cheri Chesley said...

How about "Smarter than your Average Bear" lol