Monday, April 12, 2010

Judging By The Day, Today Is J...


Just so you know, I have no clue what to post for J. Joking? No, seriously. Judgment? Wow, that could end up long winded.

How about...

Justified. Not how you set your type font, justified as in how do you justify sitting down to write out words on a daily basis? Some of you are published, which is automatic justification of course. But then there are people like me. I sit around, pretending (at least that is what it feels like sometimes). I have a fear. Queriphobia. :D I know, it isn't a real word and doesn't even begin with J.
Other J's I could have posted about are Jack-o-Lopes, even Jewelry. I miss making jewelry. My hands can't take it anymore. Especially the seed bead work I just started learning. Ah well.

This will end up being a lame J post, I'm afraid. I don't even have any characters that start with the letter J. I do have a kingdom. Jenlakai. (Gen lah ki) I think that is how I pronounced it. :D

It is a relatively small kingdom. I have spotlighted it, so to speak, in Legend of Black Rose. Made it the target of some nastiness, of course. I'll have to post some snippets. :D I've been working hard on revising this one. I'm sort of stuck at the moment, but that will pass as soon as my brain works out the kinks.
Okay so let's just move on to favorite bands and movies beginning with J....

Band: Jimmy Eat World. Movie: Jurassic Park.


Oh and I totally forgot! Flogging Molly is by far my fave F band, right up there with Fab T-Birds and I spaced it.
For A: (Because I didn't start it then) Band: Aerosmith. Movie: All of Me.
For B: Band: Blondie. Movie: Beetlejuice.
For C Movie: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.
For D Band: Duran Duran.

Okay, I think that is it. Have a great week!

9 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

I always enjoy your post and this one is no exception. I loved the read.

Take care and have a lovely day.
Yvonne,

Chryifiwant2 said...

I LOVE that you don't know how to pronounce your own kingdom! When my husband had a back injury and was trying to read Harry Potter he thought Hermione was Hermy-one.

I agree with the J post being hard. I had jurisprudence stuck in my head and I don't even know what that means. I made those awful conceptual leaps and ended up with Little Jimmy Dickens (I saw him sing "There's a Tear in my Beer" at Tootsie's Orchid Lounge the night I sang "Rocky Top" on stage there) before I ended up with my lame topic. Not looking forward to K, either. I need to google kangaroo court.

Cheri Chesley said...

Ha ha! Love it :)

Talli Roland said...

Hi Mel! Come by my blog when you get a chance - you've won something! :)

Beth Zimmerman said...

Cute Mel! So glad we have met through this alphabet challenge! I'm not sure I would go on a road trip with you since our music would drive each other NUTS but I love reading your blog! :)

Mel Chesley said...

Haha!!

Yvonne, thanks so much for your kind words. I truly appreciate your comments.

I want to see a Kangaroo Court post, so better get working on it, Chry. :D

And woohooo!!!! Thanks Talli!

Beth, I love all sorts of music, it is just hard coming up with ones I remember for each letter. I've still got a ways to go, maybe we'll find something we both like. :D

Thanks everyone, you too Cheri! I didn't forget about you. Have a good week all!

Raquel Byrnes said...

Duran Duran...takes me back. *sigh*

B. Miller said...

Nice post! I do love me some Duran Duran. Grew up with my mom & sister who were obsessed with them. Good times!

Mel Chesley said...

Ahh yes, Duran Duran. I wasn't very in to them til later on. I appreciate them more now.

I also have to say another movie starting with B would be Boondock Saints. That was a good movie, violent, lots of bad language, but good.

:D