Thursday, June 2, 2011

Having A Blast...

I'm doing rather well down here in Arizona after having acclimated to Alaska. I'm not melting yet, so that is good, right?

I want to thank Alex and Jamie and Falen for posting up that I am looking for Beta Readers. I am looking!

Let me give you the details of what exactly I am looking for.

"Crowning Absolution" will eventually be split into three books. I am writing the whole thing down at once, because otherwise I mess up my time lines. This just works for me. I would like an overall critique of the MS (all three parts). Now this means we're looking at over 100K words. BUT... I am in NO RUSH. Well, I am, but I'm not, does that make sense? I don't have a deadline.

I want to know what is lacking in the story and what should just be dropped altogether. I already know I have lots of filler fluff and that it needs work, this is a first draft. After I get some feedback, I'll have a better idea of where to go with the revising, because personally, I think this is why I get so freakin' stuck.

I can sit here and edit and revise til I turn purple with orange polka dots, but that isn't going to help me much unless I know what the reader thinks.

Here's the other thing. This is High Fantasy, kids (or at least that is the classification for something like this). Sometimes I feel people are willing to read just about anything to help out, (I will sometimes read romance and do offer up a decent opinion about it, even though I don't like it) but if you really don't like fantasy, I don't want you to read it and go, "Eh. It's fantasy. It's okay." I realize fantasy is not everyone's thing. I do want honest opinions though, so if you are willing to offer that up, then we're good to go!

As I stated before, I am on vacation. I'll get into more details when I get back and get the ball rolling. Mainly because I can't get my laptop to connect to the internet here...otherwise, we'd be going already. Thanks everyone for all of your support and help. You have no idea how much I appreciate it!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HI ya! I've nominated you for a sweet blog award. Come back to my blog to copy and paste the award and bring it over here!
Well Done!

MichelleKCanada
http://anotherlookbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Jamie Gibbs said...

You're welcome Mel :) Good luck getting your Beta army together!!