Sunday, November 6, 2011

Another Author Support Post...

So, I posted last week about promoting new and self pubbed authors. I've got one more for you today and then I will post again next week.

And if you are reading this, I'm in the process of moving and have decided to schedule several posts so as not to get too far off track of the blogging.

Okay so here we go:


Lacey Weatherford, author of "Of Witches and Warlocks: The Trouble With Spells". From what I understand, Lacey is a self pubbed author. She has a whole series out with the above mentioned book as well as several other books. I have a blog link here where you can rummage around and find the books.

I did a review for this first book here. Now, I have to tell you and I'm being completely honest. I rated the book 3 stars. Why? Well, read the review to find out. But I will add this: While I did rate her book low and was sort of snarky in my review, I would have liked the book better had certain elements been dropped. Again, see the review. Her writing, however, was very good. She did manage to create images in my head of characters, but didn't develop them as much as I would have liked.

She's gotten tons of reviews on her work, though and the majority rules. She's gotten four and five star reviews from lots of different people. Mine is just a drop in the bucket and only my opinion. I'm also not a young adult who might find this book really good. Matter of fact, I would recommend it to my niece in about a year when she's a little older. I think she would enjoy it if she stays in her paranormal phase. We'll see.

So there you have it. Another indie author I want to promote, although she and K.C. May probably don't need the help. Lol! Simply because they seem to have a good, solid following. I'm just adding to it.

No comments: