Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving...

The holidays are upon us! I'm tempted to just run away screaming. But this year is going to be extra special because my son is here with us. I feel complete as a family once again.

Around my house, we alternate years in the way of Traditional Thanksgiving or Traditional Christmas meals.

One year we'll have a traditional Thanksgiving dinner of turkey with all the fixings and then a non-traditional dinner for Christmas. Such as Chinese food, Mexican or Italian. Then the next year we switch that around to have the non-traditional Thanksgiving and then the traditional Christmas feasts.

This year, we're striving for Greek. Anyone know what a traditional Greek Christmas dinner consists of? I might just have to make it up as I go along. I just want Gyros. Hehe!

I've also been working all week. I asked for the extra hours and got them. I'm not complaining, we need the money to make up for our hasty move. It just means I have to make sure I get the major things for the meal prepared in advance. Most likely I will be doing lots of baking tonight. I have a couple of pies in the freezer all ready to go. I can mix up the green bean casserole (yuck!) and have it ready to just throw in the oven. My family likes it, I don't. I don't like sweet potatoes or yams either.

I hope you all have a wonderful, safe Thanksgiving! I will see you all after the madness.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a safe long weekend, too!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I like that idea of switching the meals. We often have a traditional Thanksgiving but Christmas is always something unique.
Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy your son's presence.

Jasmine Walt said...

My family's doing an Italian dinner for Thanksgiving-- I'm trying to figure out an appetizer to bring other than Bruschetta,not because I dislike it but because I want something different.

I've never been much of a fan of Greek food (except for Gyros-- gotta love 'em!) so can't help you out there. I'm sure you can Google plenty of stuff though. :)

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Followed you over from the Insecure Writers Support Group, btw.

Mel Chesley said...

Welcome Jasmine! Always nice to meet a new friend from the IWS. :D I'll return the follow!

I will have to google some Greek food and see what the family thinks.