Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Trying To Get On A Schedule...

Wow.

Since I've quit the paper route, things have been a bit hectic and I've been a bit more focused. However, not always on the things I need to focus on!

I've got to make a schedule for myself or I won't get anything done.

Here's what I've been doing:

~ Blogging, of course and reading blogs as well as trying to keep up with the comments.

~ Tweeting. I am trying to spend time on Twitter to keep up the decent presence I've worked hard to get. While this isn't exactly time consuming, I do have to do something daily or it gets overwhelming just like everything else.

~ Facebook. Well, this isn't really a big deal. I get on there, read my notifications, respond where I need to and all that. What tends to suck me in are those stupid games. So I have kept the browser open on that page specifically to keep up with responses to my posts and others.

~ Word Weavers. Even when my friend Jenna and I were working the networking of Word Weavers on MySpace, I don't think we were EVER this busy. We have the blog, the website and the group page on Facebook. We also have Twitter for WW as well. I don't get on there all that much, but it is shared time with Jenna. We have several people willing to volunteer some time, but it can be inconsistent. Plus, we're still trying to figure out where to put them.

~ Not only do I have all that going on, but I am gearing up to do some work from home. I'm getting ready to do critiques, proofreading and soon, editing. I'm learning from some very good teachers on how to edit. But I am also doing book trailers. Once I am able to provide samples of my work, I'll have a 'Services' section on my blog. Once I get up enough money to purchase PhotoShop, I'll most definitely be putting my art degree to good use and start doing book covers.

This all takes time. And it takes time away from my writing. Besides all of this, I'm still doing book reviews. Which, I love to read, so those aren't a big deal. I read every night before I go to bed and if I am lucky, I get a book done in a couple of days. Depending on the book. Some of them are so good I want to linger.

And on top of all of this, my daughter just informed me I'm going to be a Grandma. Phew!!!!

So now you see the need for a schedule. Lol! I've got my work cut out for me. Wish me luck!

How do you schedule your week? Do you work outside the home as well?

6 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations, grandma!
I have a day job, so I really have to schedule my time wisely.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

I work full time and write part time. I plan my social media very carefully, usually setting aside time in the early morning but then I write which always comes first.

Mel Chesley said...

Thanks, you two! And yes, working a full time job does mean you have to plan things out carefully. You both do a very good job!

Tome Tender said...

Thanks for the following, I just followed you back. http://tometender.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Congrats, Mel! You're crazy busy; you need to sleep at some point :)

I'm like you, I don't really bother with Facebook and I need to up my Twitter presence a bit more.

Jamie

Mel Chesley said...

Lol Jamie! I do sleep. Trust me. And maybe I should start mentioning you more on Twitter, we can both work on our presence.