Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Going Back...

Well, as I sit here, I have just sent off an inquiry to go back to school online. I'm hoping to take some online courses in computer graphics.

I have an associates degree in advertising art/marketing, but have not really done much with it, unless of course, you count the marketing I've done for my book.

My graphics experience is mostly hands on, old school stuff. I'm sure you all remember me talking about, a while back, using the GIMP program to do some stuff. I'm still learning. But now I want to learn more and get my degree. It's difficult to go back to work if you don't know half the stuff you need. Which, I only know half of graphic arts, I don't know computer graphics.

So wish me luck. Also, in the next few days, look for a new page on my blog. I'll be posting up my jewelry I've been working on. I'm looking into opening an Etsy store, but for now, I'll just use my blog as my website.

Hope you are all having a good week and I'll see you again on Friday!

5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Good luck! Programs change fast in that area. Do you know which ones you'll be using? 3D Studio Max? Z-Brush?

Crystal Collier said...

Back to school, eh? That's awesome! I did that a few years back, and it was so great. There's something to be said about academically challenging yourself and really stretching.

Mel Chesley said...

Thanks Alex. Not sure of the details just yet.

I agree, Crystal. I've been on the fence about the idea for some time now. But looking for work, made me realize I have to just do it.

Tonja said...

That's awesome. I've been thinking about going back to work. I would need to stick with database work because it hasn't changed that much - I think I'd just need to take some certification exams. I'd never get back up to speed with everything else.

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Mel. I really wish you all the best with everything.