Monday, February 29, 2016

GTKM 11...

Ah, Monday. These weeks just keep marching on.

I almost missed last week due to a fall off a curb. I twisted my right ankle and banged up/cut my left knee. After those two things began to heal, other injuries began to appear, like a huge lump in my right thigh and a large knot on my right knee.

I'm slowly healing, though, so it's all good.

Today's question is:

Who was your first crush?

It was a guy in Junior High School. Up until that point, I don't think I ever really had a crush on anyone. I had liked a few boys, but nothing like this guy.

Looking back on it all, I totally made a fool of myself. Of course, that's what we do, right? Make fools of ourselves as we go all ga-ga over someone. I wrote him notes. Too many, which irritated him. His friends would just roll their eyes when they saw me coming. I'm sure I was borderline stalker-ish! I did everything I could to impress him, but I was a tomboy. I didn't do the hair and make-up and cute clothes.

It took awhile for me to just let it go. Which, I did. I tried to act all aloof and "over him" when I saw him. When I started acting like that, it seemed like the universe decided to throw us together as often as possible.

Later on, in high school, after having moved away for to a new school district, I ended up running into him and his friends. None of them recognized me, of course, because I had changed so much. I had the hair and make-up and what I considered cute girl clothes. I actually got to go out with him for a little while.

Ahhh... memories.

Okay, so spill. Who was your first crush? Leave me comments!

1 comment:

Arlee Bird said...

I've had so many crushes, often unspoken kept quietly to myself, that go back as far as I can remember. One of my earliest was one of my cousins when I was probably about 6. Then there was Joyce, a cute little girl in my first grade class. When she threw up at our class Valentine's Day party it kind of turned me off, but she certainly was my secret love before that.

Arlee Bird
A to Z Challenge Co-host
Tossing It Out